Our recent "Building a business-winning reputation" webinar looked at how consultancies can build a strong business-winning reputation, and how to get the communications strategy right to achieve this.
This webinar is now available as a complimentary video
and podcast. Just click here to watch it now or download it for later.
The importance for management consultancies of an effective communications strategy
A business without a communications strategy is like an orchestra without a conductor - lots of activity, but instead of harmonious and reinforcing, the sound is puzzling and unimpressive.
As Sun Tzu, the well known and oft-quoted great Chinese military strategist, said: "Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat"!
We see many communication programmes at professional and consultancy businesses that have fallen flat. Here are some of the common problems:
- Over-activity: New month, new priority. The end result: Everyone is confused, including your own team
- Me-too messaging: messaging is key, but here all the communication is inward looking about services and your own developments. Interesting to you... but not to your potential clients and introducers.
- Lots of channels to feed, but no meat: email, PR, newsletters, LinkedIn, and blogs all need content and ideas (as people read, share and "like" interesting stuff... not bland stuff) But everyone is scratching their head about what new to say or, just as bad, fill the gap with bland self-promotion.
- Activity driven by keenness, not importance: we all know the difficulties that some people won't play ball with marketing because of busyness or awkwardness, so activity is driven by the keenest consultants. Great if they are building the whole brand, but often instead the firm's image is skewed by hyperactivity from small peripheral practices while large core practices are invisible.
- Feature-focus. Would you market Coca-Cola as a "sugary cola-flavoured carbonated beverage"? Many consultancies do the equivalent... does yours?
- We’re so busy we'll sort the strategy another time as everyone's offsite. In fact, if your team is too busy... then you need the focus a strategy most of all! All that activity and cost, but how much of is adding much value to your consultancy?
Do any of these problems occur at your business? If so, you should definitely listen!
This practical one hour webinar ensures you will start in a powerful position: with a clear strategy that ensures all your communications and marketing activity is consistently building and reinforcing a distinctive reputation for your business.
This webinar is particularly relevant to management consultancies. Click here to get a video or podcast of Building a business-winning reputation in 2019.