Our Public Relations agency achieves a strong flow of article commissions for our clients, with numerous magazines and newspapers wanting them to write “expert advice” and/or opinion articles to inform their readers. We secure editorial, not advertorial commissions.
This is a new role as we need someone to manage this whole process, including creating high-impact pitches, securing the commissions, writing the articles (and/or managing the commissioning of freelancers), and generally shepherding everything through so a great article is published which keeps the magazine happy and helps build our clients’ reputations as experts in their fields. Typically these are not technical articles, they instead are interesting reads that provide helpful advice and insights for business owners and other target audiences.
This is a part-time role, particularly suited for former journalist with childcare responsibilities (and we are happy to hear from all people with relevant skills and experience).
• Sub editor/ production editor
• Particularly applicable to former features editors
• Writing punchy article synopses to secure a flow of article commissions for our clients to write for business publications
• Writing the articles and/ or managing commissions with freelance writers
• Getting client sign-off for the article (which is a short process when the article submitted is really good)
• Ensuring good quality editorial articles (not puffy self-publicity) are submitted for publication
• Liaising with the account team to keep them appraised of progress
• Strong writing ability
• Specifically strong journalistic writing experience, including meeting short deadlines (writing interesting editorial for magazines or elsewhere....not writing fluffy marketing publicity and advertorials)
• Broad business knowledge
• Organised and systematic
• Someone who is focused on results (not a perfectionist who will spend all day polishing one article)
• This is a part time job particularly suitable for parents with childcare responsibilities (all others are welcome to apply too, and will be considered equally). Proposed hours 9:30 am till 3:00 pm with half an hour for lunch
• Days: Monday to Thursday (we're flexible on this)
• Holidays: 20 days (pro rata). In addition bank holidays, and you can take off school holidays as unpaid leave if desired. The office closed over Christmas period.
• Salary £19,200 (pro rata of £30,000)
• Someone living within an easy commute of central Newbury, West Berkshire (we are a short walk from both the bus and train stations, with car parking nearby).. so particularly suitable for people living near to Newbury, Thatcham, Reading, Dicot, Basingstoke, Oxford, Abingdon, Hungerford, Marlborough
• This job will particularly suit someone with a magazine features journalism background who wants to transfer these skills into an office environment
We’re an award-winning PR agency that specialises in providing high-impact media relations and thought leadership for a range of professional, consultancy and tech B2B businesses, mainly in London.. but also nationally and in Germany too. They are ambitious businesses looking to be seen as leaders in their market. They range from large international corporates to sole practitioners, and many of our clients are mid-sized owner-managed businesses.
Our core values are: ambitious for our clients; determination; excellence; teamwork; and integrity. They are important to us and the experience our clients get, and we are keen to meet candidates who embody these and who are keen to develop their skills as a PR professional.
• We are based in quaint cottage in the centre of town… not some standard service offices in a remote business park
• We’ve been around for over 20 years and have 4 national PR & marketing awards… so we must be doing something right!
• We’re a boutique PR agency… which means we have a small team of experienced people providing expert advice and support to our clients
• Is there potential for the role to grow and / or promotion? Yes!